1/11/2017 6:55:47 AM

Wood confirms participation

Wood confirms participation

AS THE build-up for the 20th Commercial Bank Qatar Masters gathers momentum, 2013 champion Chris Wood became the latest big name to confirm his participation for the European Tour event.

Wood’s 2013 victory was memorable as he accomplished it with an incredible eagle from 202 yards. He finished tied 43rd in 2014, skipped 2015 due to an injury and missed the cut last year.

As 29-year-old, the only Englishman to have lifted the Mother of Pearl Trophy, returns to the Doha Golf Club (DGC) for the event from January 26 to 29, he has his sights set on regaining the title.

“My win at the 2013 Commercial Bank Qatar Masters is still one of the highlights of my career. I like the DGC course and feel like I’m ready to challenge for the title again,” said Wood, who made his Ryder Cup debut in 2016.

Qatar Golf Association President Hassan Al Naimi welcomed Wood’s return.

“It’s always a pleasure to welcome back former champions and we’re delighted that Chris Wood will compete in the Qatar Masters. His win in 2013 remains one of the tournament’s most memorable finishes,” said Al Naimi.

Another Ryder Cup rookie Andy Sullivan also confirmed for the event.

The Briton’s joint-ninth finish at his Qatar Masters debut in 2013 remains his best finish in the tournament.

“I had a great 2016, played well again last year and it would be great to get a good result in Doha and keep the form going,” said Sullivan. 

Share this:
Tags:

Comments

Featured Video

Stay In touch With Us

Like Us On Facebook